Aka.ms/myrecoverykey – Guys!! If your system is asking you for your BitLocker recovery key.
Бұл жағдайда, the following information may help you find your Microsoft recovery key and learn why you may be asked to give it.
Please go through this article and get all the information you need to know about the Aka.ms/myrecoverykey – How to Find your My BitLocker Recovery key in Windows 10?
Let’s check it out…
What is My BitLocker recovery key?
Your BitLocker recovery key is a unique 48-digit numerical password. It can be used to open your system if BitLocker is otherwise incompetent to confirm for confident that the try to access the system drive is authorized.
This BitLocker recovery key may be stored in your Microsoft account, saved or printed as a file, or with an organization that is operating the device.
The necessity for a recovery key in these cases is an important component of the protection that BitLocker gives your data.
Also Read : – Microsoft Recovery Key FAQ
Why is Windows asking for my BitLocker recovery key?
BitLocker is the Windows encryption technology that preserves your data from unlawful access by encrypting your drive and wanting one or more factors of authentication before it will open it, whether for regular Windows use or an unofficial access trial.
Windows will require a BitLocker recovery key to identify an insecure condition that may be an unlawful try to access the data.
This additional step is security care intended to keep your data secure and safe. Some firmware, software or hardware changes can present situations that BitLocker can’t discover from a possible attack.
BitLocker may need the recovery key’s extra security in these cases, even if the user is an authorized owner of the device. This is to be completely sure that it is an approved user of the device trying to open it.
Where Can I Find My BitLocker Recovery Key?
BitLocker confirmed that a recovery key was securely backed up before activating protection. There are different places that your recovery key maybe, depending on the selection that was created when activating BitLocker:
In your Microsoft account:
- Log in to your Microsoft account on another device to discover your recovery key:
- If you have a modern device that supports automatic device encryption, the Microsoft recovery key will most likely be in your Microsoft account.
- For more, please see Device encryption in Windows 10.
- If the device was set up or another user-activated BitLocker protection, the recovery key may be in that user’s Microsoft account.
On a USB flash drive:
Insert the USB flash drive into your locked Personal computer and follow the guidance. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use another computer to read the text file.
On a printout you saved:
Your Microsoft recovery key may be on a printout that was saved when BitLocker was activated. See where you keep necessary papers related to your PC.
In an Azure Active Directory account:
If your device was ever logged in to an organization using a school or work email account. Бұл жағдайда, your Microsoft recovery key may be saved in that organization’s Azure AD account associated with your device. You may be able to access it directly, or you may require to talk to a system administrator to access your Microsoft recovery key.
Сондай-ақ, check related post:
- https://aka.ms/remoteconnect қатесі
- https://aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft жүйесіне кіру
Held by your system administrator:
If your device is connected to a domain (Normally school or work device), please ask a system administrator for your recovery key.
How to Find My BitLocker Recovery Key? Video Tutorial
How was BitLocker Activated on My Device?
There are three primary ways for BitLocker to start protecting your device:
- Your device is a modern device that meets specific requirements to allow device encryption automatically: In this case, your BitLocker recovery key is automatically saved to your Microsoft account before protection is activated.
- A school or work organization that handles your device (currently or in the past) activated BitLocker protection on your device: In this case, the company may have your BitLocker recovery key.
- An administrator or owner of your device activated BitLocker protection (also called device encryption on some devices) through the Control Panel or Settings app: In this case, the user activating BitLocker either chosen where to save the BitLocker Recovery key or (in the case of device encryption) it was automatically saved to their Microsoft account.
If you cannot find a required BitLocker recovery key and cannot revert and configuration change that might have caused it to be needed, you’ll require to reset your device using one of the Windows 10 recovery options. Resetting your device will remove all of your files.
That’s all about the Aka.ms/myrecoverykey – How to Find your My BitLocker Recovery key in Windows 10? I hope you guys like this article, and it’s helped you a lot, but if you are facing any problem related to this Aka.ms/myrecoverykey, then feel free to leave a comment in the comment section. I like helping everyone. Thanks!
FAQs For Aka.ms/myrecoverykey
Q. Can I skip BitLocker recovery?
Ans. On the BitLocker recovery screen asking for the recovery key, press Esc for more BitLocker recovery choices and select Skip this drive.
Q. How do I bypass BitLocker on startup?
Ans. Follow the below steps to bypass BitLocker on the startup:
- After Windows OS is started, go to Start -> Control Panel -> BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Click the “Turn off auto-unlock” option next to the C drive.
- After turning off the auto-unlock option, restart your computer. Hopefully, your problem will be resolved after the reboot.
Q. How do I disable BitLocker in BIOS Windows 10?
Ans. Follow the below steps to disable BitLocker in BIOS Windows 10:
- Press Windows key.
- Type Control Panel, then hit Enter.
- Select System and Security.
- Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Select Suspend Protection.
- Once the BitLocker is already suspended, you may proceed with the BIOS update.
Q. How can I unlock BitLocker without password and recovery key?
Ans. Type the command: manage-bde -unlock driveletter: – password and enter the password.
Q. What do I do if I lost my BitLocker key?
Ans. To request a recovery key:
- Restart your PC and press the Esc key on the BitLocker logon screen.
- In the BitLocker recovery screen, find the Recovery key ID.
- Please contact your administrator and give them the Recovery key ID.
- In the BitLocker recovery screen, enter the recovery key.